Author Topic:  MCG - DH Savegames / *.sav  (Read 208 times)

10 Apr 18

Read 208 times

Offline RizZen

• Elite

Welcome to our new savegame-section!

What are *.pkk / *.mpk & *.sol files in MechCommander?

Available (x)Start0.pkk files & Savegames for MCG - Darkest Hours
Original Campaign Merge
- Very easy conditions - Modded Gunner - Clansetup
- Easy conditions - not much Cbills but an overloaded MechBay! Three Refit Truck Prototypes with 10t weight!
- Normal difficulty original standard - v3.0 Start0.pkk
- Hard difficulty - only 15k cBills, three mechs and no additional mechs or vehicles at the beginning
- ~Very Hard difficulty~ by MrZonke - with edited MechPaints for Beginner Warriors, looks nasty! Firestarter J in the beginning
- ~~ Nightmare difficulty scale ~~ - Starting with low C-Bills and only one assigned MechWarrior. No Mechs. Die Hard!!!
___
- Very Easy: Operation 2, Mission 1 - Savegame download - for content read below.

Expansion Campaign Merge
- Easy difficulty - Black/Gold Edition
- Normal difficulty expansion standard - v3.0 xStart0.pkk
- Hard difficulty scale - less warriors & mechs from the beginning

Install notes:
Replace Start0.pkk in your "MCG Darkest Hours\DATA\SAVEGAME" folder to change starting conditions for Original Merge (xStart0.pkk for Expansion). Be sure you rename or backup the original elsewhere. If you have lost your Original Start0.pkk you can download it above.

Operation II, Mission 1 - Original Campaign Merge - Savegame
Cause i have got many requests due to that topic i prepared something for you. I uploaded my Original Merge - Walkthrough savegame that starts with Operation 2 of Original Campaign Merge. You are starting with an absolute convenient setup that fulfil many wishes:

- it was asked for Mixed-Tech for that campaign multiple times
- some people asked for more Clan-Mechs at the beginning - early campaign cause of missing Clan-Tech
- one asked for "funmodes"
- a lot people asked for better // alternate starting conditions
- many asked for Mad-Cat-Patch - i won´t bring out such for MCG-DH, but this should help

Well i will make some more "starting" files for both campaigns soon, which are divided into diculty scales then. The "vanilla" starting conditions will remain the same, so the actual starting conditions you can see as "Normal" from difficulty scale. The savegame i uploaded for you as first "starting condition" - of Op2 - you should put into "Very Easy" scale. Many clanmechs are already salvaged in this savegame. You have led your lances through Operation I in a full victory. Here some details for this "first" savegame that i have made. I bought only "New Warriors" - left the other pilots untouched in purchase shop. They are well trained after absolving the first 20 missions. No one is maxed out yet but enough Veterans are available to control Heavy Mechs:
Vanilla Warriors
Green - Beast
Green - Gunman
Green - Hawk
Green - Mystique
Green - Siren
Regular - Lynx
Regular - Rebel
Veteran - Hunter
Veteran - Mantis

MCG - DH Warriors
Veteran - Alex
Veteran - FoxDev
Veteran - Ilka
Veteran - Black Mamba
Veteran - Mich
Veteran - RizZen
Veteran - Wolfman

Here we come to the next topic - you have 36 Mechs. It is a mix of some IS and many Clan Mechs. You already own...
Your MechCrew for Operation II
three Mad-Cats A/J/W
two Masakari W
two Atlas A
two Mauler A/J
three Awesome A/A/J
one Novacat A
one Thor A
two Jagermech A
four Catapult A/A/J/J
one Vulture W
two Bushwacker A/J
two Shadow-Cat A/W
two Cougar A/J
five Uller A
four Uller J

In Addition you will find many compoments in your inventory - not EXTREME - but you can operate with all imagineable weapon systems and have a nice load of clan equipment. No warrior died yet, all warriors still in purchase shop or already part of your lances. Finally you have C-Bills approximatly 230.000 Ressourcepoints.

Notice
This savegame ONLY works with MechCommander Gold - Darkest Hours Version 3.0 or above.
For installing download savegamefile and put it into your "MCG Darkest Hours\DATA\SAVEGAME"-directory - start game, load it & enjoy!
To share your own savegamefiles look into folder above - there you can find your ingame "Savegamefiles" with *.sav file extension.

Edit: Forgot to tell one IMPORTANT thing: I changed some of the mech-paints for new warriors for testing, please give feedback when the other color setups work for you. Reason is that many people dislike the monotone blue - me too!

Have fun!

« Last Edit: 18 Apr 18 by RizZen »

15 Apr 18

Reply #1

Offline Gunner

• Members
  • Rookie

Edit: Forgot to tell one IMPORTANT thing: I changed some of the mech-paints for new warriors for testing, please give feedback when the other color setups work for you. Reason is that many people dislike the monotone blue - me too!
While I like blue, I agree, the monotone blue does get ... boring. However, if I may make a suggestion, any other color than red is better, since the game uses red as the default color for ENEMY mechs and vehicles. 
Using the color red on friendlies could cause what is known as "blue on blue" incidents. That is, friendlies firing on friendlies in the heat of battle. 
For instance, you have a 'red' Vulture, you meet three enemy Vultures, everybody closes into a big melee fight. Now, which red Vulture do the rest of your team shoot at and which one don't they shoot?
I really like the idea of new colors, but red should not be one of them.
There are two rules for success:
1.  Never tell everything you know.

15 Apr 18

Reply #2

Offline RizZen

• Elite

When you gimme the name of the pilot you want to have customized individually - i think we can find a solution to make warrior profiles working with all mech paints - chosen by player itself. No red - understood. Tell me names of warriors you would like to see having other colors and tell me the paint you desire to play. Actually there is only RizZen with another MechPaint (black-red) - i ain´t have any problems with that different colors. Especially with that big campaign merges "enemy-colors" isnt red only - this only counts for 42 original missions. The usermade campaigns have enemies with different mechpaints.

And i guess you try the new ones. If there is any "irritating color" for ingame battle, just report detailed what Pilot it is.

Greetings RizZ
« Last Edit: 15 Apr 18 by RizZen »

15 Apr 18

Reply #3

Offline Gunner

• Members
  • Rookie

Sooo, the new mech-paints are based on the mechwarrior, not the mech? 

For example: Rizzen goes in a Shadowcat, that mech is black-red? 
If he goes in a Thor, the Thor is black-red? 
No matter which mech he is in, that mech is black-red? 

If so, that is great. Now you can identify the mechwarrior in the field by "their" colors.

Will this be a selectable option ingame or do these need to be pre-set for each mechwarrior?

I would like to try "Countess" in black-green; and "Siren" in green-black. Trying to "camouflage" them, as these two seem to get targeted by the AI a lot.

15 Apr 18

Reply #4

Offline Gunner

• Members
  • Rookie

Tried the "easystart" & "Gunnerprefs.cfg" - just to try them out. Something is not working right with one of these - maybe because I used them both together? ("Start0" in "...data/savegames" & "GunnerPrefs" in main game folder.)

Every time, I start by removing all mechs from mechbay. As soon as I do, game crashes (See attached error report).

So, I replaced both files with the original files. Game works again - BUT, now game always starts with "easygame" mech inventory - even though I put original files back. Very strange.

I DO like the 10-ton repair vehicle (always thought 35-tons was too heavy for that one).

16 Apr 18

Reply #5

Offline RizZen

• Elite

Yes, colors of mechs are defined over pilots Data.

The gunners prefs is Just containing Changes you already did by reducing loudness. Replacing it with downloaded one should have no effect. Prefs.cfg does have no effect on campaigns starting conditions!

The Error you must explain in Detail. Exactly what Action causes it?

Keep in mind that start0.pkk is Just a startfile for Beginning campaigns but has no effect on savegames. When you lost Original start0.pkk redownload its the normal one and replace it again.

When Game Starts with that easy combo you definitely didnt replaced File. Pleased recheck the Files!
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 18 by RizZen »

16 Apr 18

Reply #6

Offline Gunner

• Members
  • Rookie

Yes, colors of mechs are defined over pilots Data.

The gunners prefs is Just containing Changes you already did by reducing loudness. Replacing it with downloaded one should have no effect. Prefs.cfg does have no effect on campaigns starting conditions!

The Error you must explain in Detail. Exactly what Action causes it?

Keep in mind that start0.pkk is Just a startfile for Beginning campaigns but has no effect on savegames. When you lost Original start0.pkk redownload its the normal one and replace it again.

When Game Starts with that easy combo you definitely didnt replaced File. Pleased recheck the Files!
Okay, problem seems to be with "easystart" start0.pkk. 

Game starts, 
Colonel Reese starts talking,
I start removing mechs from mechbay back into inventory, 
Game crashes to desktop. 

That is ALL I did. 

Next, I put normal start0.pkk back in place. Game runs just fine.

You were right about start0.pkk. Somehow I replaced "easystart" file with "easystart" file (All those "start0" files look alike ;) )

Possible to have start0.pkk & xstart0.pkk files for "clan starts"? That is: start each campaign with clan mechs, or maybe a mix? Maybe a Shadowcat J, Cougar, & Uller for start0.pkk, and a Thor or Loki J for xstart0.pkk? Just a thought.
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 18 by Gunner »

16 Apr 18

Reply #7

Offline RizZen

• Elite

I´m working on that / Clan issue. But one problem after another. So moving the pre-assigned Mechs back to MechBay causes this error for you? Does this happen only before mission 1 or although after mission 1 before mission 2? Im first working on the existent savegames to make them all run smooth. Will focus on that one again, please report when there are any other technical problems, ty Gunner, again!

16 Apr 18

Reply #8

Offline Gunner

• Members
  • Rookie

Apparently, I just move too fast. That is, if I start to move them right away, the game crashes. If I wait and let the pre-recorded video briefing run for a few seconds before doing anything, I can then move the mechs without the game crashing. Very odd.

To answer your question; this happens at the very start, prior to ANY missions. I have not selected any mechs for a mission yet. I was just clearing the mechbay TO decide.

16 Apr 18

Reply #9

Offline RizZen

• Elite

That's a known bug with all campaign starts. When I'm too fast game crashes too cause I gave it no time to load/boot proper...

... so when there are no problems with the easy one I can focus on clan starts now? - for you I will keep in mind your favourite color blue but will make it still more nasty.

RizZ
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 18 by RizZen »

18 Apr 18

Reply #10

Offline Gunner

• Members
  • Rookie

Okay... I hate to say this, but it is still happening. It seems that removing Lynx in the Awesome is what triggers it. Remove him and/or the Awesome, and the game shuts down to the desktop.

Another little quirk with the easystart. I did have one savegame using this. When I went back to the savegame (loaded that mission), I noticed that all the remaining 10-ton refit vehicles had converted back to 35-ton refit vehicles. 

18 Apr 18

Reply #11

Offline RizZen

• Elite

Thank you for feedback. I will first update the easy one when i find time to have a look and then upload your start-combo. Your start-combo will be the easy one for original merge then. Back to the first easy one of expansion: I will recheck all pilot data and the mechs of that start-combo. Funny thing is - it is actually the original "Exodus-Campaign-Mechbay" you get when Exodus-campaign standalone of MechCommander is played. Seems as if you have encountered a very old bug for start files that exists for 17 years - and i never saw that bugreport before *lol*

18 Apr 18

Reply #12

Offline RizZen

• Elite

Easy Start0.pkk for Original Merge - Bugfix!

--- Download the Easy Start0.pkk Gunner´s - Version! ---
Includes the four basic pilots, a strong 12 mechs containing mechbay but low C-Bills for the beginning. This Starting formation is equal to the beginner´s lances for Exodus Original Campaign (the standalone version). You start on the Original Campaign Merge with that formation when you replace the standard Start0.pkk in "MCG Darkest Hours\DATA\SAVEGAME" folders.

Thank you for bug-report, when there are any problems with the other files, please report. Now im focussing on your Start file Gunner!

And here it is:
Clan mechs for starting very easy into Original Campaign Merge

- Download the Very Easy Start0.pkk -
Includes an overloaded Mechbay with Clanmechs and some unique setups and mechs you although can salvage during campaigns. The team-color of your starting crew is a nasty Black/Navy Combo. Looks awesome!!!

18 Apr 18

Reply #13

Offline Gunner

• Members
  • Rookie

Cool! THNX for this. Can you do one for the expansion campaign too?

One issue.

I put Lynx in the Shadowcat with 1 C-SRM, 1 C-ER PPC, and 1 large X-Pulse laser. The first time he fires, he complains about being "out of ammo".

When I look at the data tab, it shows no damage, but the SRM is yellow and it shows no LRM ammo - which is good since he doesn't HAVE any LRM's on this mech. Very strange to be complaining about being out of ammo for a weapon he does not have to begin with.

New colors look good, but still would like to see how Black/Green looks ingame.
« Last Edit: 18 Apr 18 by Gunner »

18 Apr 18

Reply #14

Offline RizZen

• Elite

Don´t worry, i had the idea working on some optional "colossal" color setups soon. It will be possible to choose from different color setups for all warriors. Black-Green is on my list now. When you have any idea how your Expansion setup should be like - feel free to point it out!

The LRM-Problem i did not recognized. It should be possible to unmount all equipment from this mech later and re-equip it. Then it should work proper again. I guess this bug is caused by "modded" mech equipment. This one isn´t a stock mech.