Author Topic:  Mechcommander Gold Modders' Corner  (Read 26001 times)

1 Aug 13

Read 26001 times

Offline SeanLang

• NGNG Founder
  • Legendary

Game Download
Vanilla - Mechcommander Gold Download - HERE

Programs
Daemon Tools - HERE

CMunsta's Documentation & Tools
- Creating Warriors for MCG.pdf - HERE
- Creating Weapons for MCG.pdf - HERE
- MCG Campaign Builders Guide I.pdf - HERE
- MCG Campaign Builders Guide II.pdf - HERE
- MCG Campaign Builders Guide III.pdf - HERE
- MCG Campaign Builders Guide Sup I - Videos.pdf - HERE
- MCG Manual.pdf - HERE
- MCG_File_Formats.txt - HERE
- Remaking Timberwolf's mod.pdf - HERE
- Tools: fstdir/fstextract/makefst/makesol/pakextract/solextract - HERE
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 15 by SeanLang »

2 Aug 13

Reply #1

Offline punpusher

• Regular

I'll be posting up a GUI for the some of the MCG modding tools within the next couple of days, so keep a look out for that. Should make it easier for those not wanting to deal with the hassle of the command line and writing your own batch files. :)

4 Aug 13

Reply #2

Offline SeanLang

• NGNG Founder
  • Legendary

I'll be back from visiting with family and post up some updates, lots of information about to come your way!

6 Aug 13

Reply #3

Offline SeanLang

• NGNG Founder
  • Legendary

OP updated with 'What can be modded'. I will update this as we find out more!

9 Aug 13

Reply #4

Offline SeanLang

• NGNG Founder
  • Legendary

If you are interested in helping with this project please let me know. I'll be looking for mission creators mostly as re-creating the original+expansion campaigns will take some time.

Along this line, we can also add in new missions that did not take place ie: transition missions between the original & expansion campaign.

9 Aug 13

Reply #5

Offline Erwiin

• Elite

If you are interested in helping with this project please let me know. I'll be looking for mission creators mostly as re-creating the original+expansion campaigns will take some time.

Along this line, we can also add in new missions that did not take place ie: transition missions between the original & expansion campaign.

Definitely count me in!  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

9 Aug 13

Reply #6

Offline SeanLang

• NGNG Founder
  • Legendary

Definitely count me in!  ;D

Awesome! I'll start to organize things when Punpusher and I have finished the tools, which allow us to do some amazing things btw.

Make sure to familiarize yourself with the MC editor, if you have not already!

10 Aug 13

Reply #7

Offline Vergere

• Elite

I would love to try this out, But I will need to find the time...

11 Aug 13

Reply #8

Offline Erwiin

• Elite

Make sure to familiarize yourself with the MC editor, if you have not already!

If only I could get it to work on my system.  :-\ I may have to "borrow/acquire" one of my Dad's old computers. I'm pretty sure it will run on one of those.

11 Aug 13

Reply #9

Offline SeanLang

• NGNG Founder
  • Legendary

Try this Erwin, it is what I use:

Hey guys,

Perks's suggestion just reminded me of XP Mode/Virtual PC on Microsoft's site. I downloaded it, and am now able to install both MCG and the editor on the virtual machine (I've got a 64-bit machine, so the standard XP-compatibility-mode workaround doesn't work for me). I can launch and use the editor. The MCX.exe, OTOH, is having issues, though. I will try to find a work around on that.

Link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp-mode-in-windows-7

12 Aug 13

Reply #10

Offline Erwiin

• Elite

Try this Erwin, it is what I use:

Hey guys,

Perks's suggestion just reminded me of XP Mode/Virtual PC on Microsoft's site. I downloaded it, and am now able to install both MCG and the editor on the virtual machine (I've got a 64-bit machine, so the standard XP-compatibility-mode workaround doesn't work for me). I can launch and use the editor. The MCX.exe, OTOH, is having issues, though. I will try to find a work around on that.

Link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp-mode-in-windows-7

I'm pretty sure this was discussed in another Forum Topic:o My system runs Windows 8 and Virtual PC doesn't work with Win 8. I've had a brief look at VirtualBox.

However, I will be able to get access to an older PC in a week or so which has XP installed on it, and I know the MCG Editor works on it - as it was my computer, before I got this one.  :D
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 13 by Erwiin »

31 Aug 13

Reply #11

Offline Roaddog

• Rookie

Its easy to get this game working. Mount with your favorite program (alcohol, virtual clone drive, daemon tools) and make a new folder. Drag the contents of the disk to the folder and start the program. Verified working on Win 7 64bit.

-"Lynx here, there's a hole in my armor"

1 Sep 13

Reply #12

Offline Erwiin

• Elite

Its easy to get this game working. Mount with your favorite program (alcohol, virtual clone drive, daemon tools) and make a new folder. Drag the contents of the disk to the folder and start the program. Verified working on Win 7 64bit.

That works fine for the main game, but the Editor needs to be INSTALLED. You can't just copy it. Windows 8 doesn't seem to like it.

I do however, have another older computer here now. I will fire it up soon and hopefully get the Editor working.

2 Sep 13

Reply #13

Offline Erwiin

• Elite

...I do however, have another older computer here now. I will fire it up soon and hopefully get the Editor working.

I just tested the old computer, and it works! So does the MCG Editor. *does a somewhat awkward happy dance*  ;D

4 Sep 13

Reply #14

Offline Zaofan

• Rookie

Yeah I remember messing around with the editor a while back, its too bad we can't mod the sprites, we could make new mechs etc... But at least someone can make a cool story. How is it going? Dd you guys come up with an idea?