Author Topic:  Are you supposed to lose your refit truck if you bring it into a mission?  (Read 264 times)

1 Apr 18

Read 264 times

Offline Tyler799

• Rookie

Kind of frustrating. I bring it into a mission, and then (despite taking no damage) it's gone from my mechlab after the mission ends.

Is it intentional? A bug? Something that Darkest Hours did?

2 Apr 18

Reply #1

Offline RizZen

• Members
  • Elite

Vehicles always disappear after missions. There was no change made in comparison to the original game.

2 Apr 18

Reply #2

Offline slickrcbd

• Rookie

I agree it is annoying and stupid since you spend RP to get them, but that is how it is in the game.
Doubly so with combat vehicles instead of support vehicles since a salvaged Commando, or Firestarter (or Uller) is better than most combat vehicles up to twice as heavy. You can put the same weapons on them and have room for more, and the armor protection seems to be comparable.

Of course, the repair truck is a support vehicle, one of the only two useful vehicles in the game because of this, but you still lose it after the mission, so there is no need to conserve the resource. Use it up before completing the mission for "free" repairs.

3 Apr 18

Reply #3

Offline Tyler799

• Rookie

Thanks. People on Reddit ended up saying the same thing, this is apparently known and intentional behavior (from the manual) that all vehicles are 1-time use items. A real shame. I'd love to see a mod to change that, but I'd imagine it's basically impossible.

4 Apr 18

Reply #4

Offline RizZen

• Members
  • Elite

I don't think that it's impossible. But affording that would mean more than just a several small entries to change.
All vehicles would have to be copied into mech places.... I don't know if there are enough mech places left to fit all those vehicles... but then vehicles would stay cause game thinks they are Mechs...
But more changes would have to be done, such like updating each mission abl file giving links to new vehicles instead of the older ones.... only to see if this will work or not... many things to do...

4 Apr 18

Reply #5

Offline slickrcbd

• Rookie

Thanks. People on Reddit ended up saying the same thing, this is apparently known and intentional behavior (from the manual) that all vehicles are 1-time use items.
Where did you find the actual manual for the game? All I can find is the manual for the Desperate Measures expansion pack. The aforementioned expansion pack manual is linked in the downloads section of this forum, but I cannot find the plain Mechcommander manual. The expansion pack manual leaves out a lot of stuff, only covering what was added in the expansion (Gold) version.

4 Apr 18

Reply #6

Offline RizZen

• Members
  • Elite

The only Manual i can Offer is that:
http://www.nogutsnogalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=4428.0

The original Manual Had 132 pages and im still searching for it.

There is a Prima Game Manual - but it's licensed and protected - you can buy it as ebook or real book. 352 pages ....

I have a version but it's actually  copyright content.
« Last Edit: 4 Apr 18 by RizZen »

4 Apr 18

Reply #7

Offline slickrcbd

• Rookie

I'm having trouble parsing "The original manual had 132 sites.

4 Apr 18

Reply #8

Offline RizZen

• Members
  • Elite