Author Topic:  Darkest Hours - Renaming Mechs  (Read 46 times)

13 Oct 17

Read 46 times

Offline Gunner

• Members
  • Rookie

Question. Is there some way to change the names of the Clan mechs in-game to their original Clan names? I'm thinking about the way the rebalance mod changes the weapon names to their correct names - i.e., with the Mad Cat labelled as a "Timberwolf" instead of as the IS name for it - "Mad Cat", the "Kit Fox" instead of the "Uller", and so on?

I just think the original names sound better, plus it makes them seem more Clannish(?) with their original names.
There are two rules for success:
1.  Never tell everything you know.

28 Feb 18

Reply #1

Offline RizZen

• Elite

Yeah that can be done. But it isn´t worth the amount of time just to have some edited names in the end. And "renaming" isn´t that simple like you may think. Multiple editings have to be done and in the end they may not even show up properly cause some names are only displayed from images - not as text data - even if you as player only see a text showing the name - in most of the cases it´s an image showing the text - so editing names although always means editing several images which are stored deep into *.fst file archives.

7 Mar 18

Reply #2

Offline Gunner

• Members
  • Rookie

So basically, more trouble than it would be worth. No problem, just a thought that popped up.  :D
There are two rules for success:
1.  Never tell everything you know.

8 Mar 18

Reply #3

Offline RizZen

• Elite

A good one, though... im sry :-\