Author Topic:  Buggy postings  (Read 409 times)

3 May 17

Read 409 times

Offline RizZen

• Members
  • Veteran

Another thing I found out is that the user-interface for new posts seems to have some bugs.

Especially when I'm working on threads with many links and pictures it's a catastrophe.

Sometimes when I edit a posting some parts of it get minimized to small text. If I copy a posting in bb code it gets worse. I need to repair all image links each time I post smt.

Is there a possibility to give user choice to change to direct bb code entering?

You know I'm working on some bigger threads and the way this board allows posting twices my work cause I can't bugfree copy and paste my threads without faults like broken links / pictures or missing text parts that doesn't seem to make it over after copying and pasting the whole.
« Last Edit: 6 May 17 by RizZen »

9 May 17

Reply #1

Offline Seth

• Web Team
  • Veteran

You can switch between the normal (WYSISWYG) editor to the bbcode editor with the button above the text field that has the blue arrow between red brackets. I have noticed a problem with it if I copy and paste from a word document to the forum because some of the formatting from the document program, but the two aren't really compatible. It's kind of a pain, but I've worked around it by pasting into a notepad document first and then copying from there since it doesn't use formatting.

10 May 17

Reply #2

Offline RizZen

• Members
  • Veteran

Copying directly from other board leads also to immensive bugs.

11 May 17

Reply #3

Offline Seth

• Web Team
  • Veteran

I tried installing a new text editor (link) before I headed out of town tonight, but there's a conflict between the current and new editor and I won't have time to fix it until I get back. I tested copy and pasting on their forums and it looks like I preserves the original formatting better than the current editor, so once I get that bug fixed, hopefully that will make your life easier.

12 May 17

Reply #4

Offline Seth

• Web Team
  • Veteran

Actually, I think I got that fixed. Let me know!

23 May 17

Reply #5

Offline RizZen

• Members
  • Veteran

Great work, everything is working fine.

The technical status this board has now makes my kind of work perfectly possible to do!

Ty very much

27 May 17

Reply #6

Offline Seth

• Web Team
  • Veteran

Adequate is what I aim for, so perfectly possible is high praise indeed!