Author Topic:  Mech Commander Gold - Ultimate Mod - Source files  (Read 88 times)

25 Apr 17

Read 88 times

Offline RizZen

• Members
  • Veteran

Here some files which where asked for as attachment:

Every help in making mod better is appreciated.

All Missions ive recreated as solo missions - works like a simple mod update
Here my task is to change the starting conditions of each solo mission so that the start settings allow mastering it without any cheats or hacks.
Therefore each single *.sol file needs to be updated. The procedure is same as changing start pkk files sol files are the same but just savegamefiles for solo missions and can be extracted and modified with cmunsta tools.

All purchase data files of expansion and original merge
Includes ~130 purchase files for all missions I've merged. Also it includes the master purchase soloipurchase.fit and xpur for expansion. As effect of "copy" and paste they are quite unbalanced so on long time basis I will overwork them to not overload stores capabilities, cause it's concept was not based on 100 missions. So balancing is primary task when I will focus on that topic. Or maybe anyone wanna try this himself to help making remastering process faster.

Artwork ive done so far
This includes the changes I've just made. It's 2% of what I have in my imagination but modding this into game is stupid repeating same procedure again and again - work and sometimes mc still mess up the colors. In order to get it done faster well made *.png pictures will be needed. So far I did all of them myself with low artwork skills.

The first user campaign update ive done
This is only one file from existing user missions I changed to make it part of my campaign without corrupting pilots database. Compared to original I just took out the four allied player controlled Mechs he gets in this final exodus mission. Instead I introduced a third extraction point. This is still buggy bit cause I had no coordinates from editor so I guessed a free position on map. Only bug effect is that Mechs of spawn point 1&2 start at same position (I gave different coordinates) so when u start it shows 12 warriors on bottom but u see actually only 8 of them. When u start moving they split out and u can play mission like usual. I plan to make a better update where Mechs are on right positions but this isn't primary task at the moment. Maybe some of you give it a try and offer ur version. Abl scripting isn't that hard to do and I will try to help if I can or do it myself all alone but then expect all missions to be finally remastered 2020.
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 17 by RizZen »