Author Topic:  MechCommander Gold - Darkest Hours v3.0 - Bug Reports & Solutions  (Read 2559 times)

17 Jul 17

Reply #45

Offline Splina

• Rookie

sorry man...bad news..
i found another bug...2 in fact, in same mission.

OP.4 MIS.16

1. If i play with less than maximum Ton limit i get Kim star Masakari J as enemy near last objective, Orbital gun.
But if i play with maximum tonnage allowed i get Osis star Masakari A instead...
Weird...
Not everytime ! Seems like game decide this..but anyway, in mostly cases i got this change.
If i play with more than maximum tonnage with a cheat...then Osis Masa is here 100%. If tonnage is lower, then Kim Masa is here 100%...only on maximum normal tonnage is so-so

2.  Thats the bad part...
Here i get 2 new pilots...Outlaw and Blaze. Outlaw in a ShadowCat J and Blaze in MadCat W.
Now problem is that Outlaw REPLACE another pilot when i finish mission.
His ShadowCat is not saved and he simply take place of another pilot...and that pilot is lost.

Tried it in a lot of variants...even with 1 single mech/pilot in bay and in mission. When its done, Outlaw simply replace that pilot.
Or when more pilots are available...1 of them is replaced, generally last one , bottom of the list.

Dont know if this is an old bug...but only now i noticed it...when i try to skill as much pilots as i can...

*news
on point 1...
looks like this Star is more random than i thinked first time...
i played it with 1 Atlas...and got Osis
I played it with 1 Turkina and got Kim
Then i played with Atlas again and got Kim...
I played with 5 ton less than maximum and got both...not in same round, of course..
« Last Edit: 17 Jul 17 by Splina »

17 Jul 17

Reply #46

Offline RizZen

• Veteran

Funny, I played this mission yesterday and got mad cat and shadow cat in mechbay after this mission. That star enemy is random. It's part of creators abl scripting, no bug think they did it to make it more dynamic. That pilot problem I didn't recognized. I will have a look on it when time comes.
This is no easy mission. The battles north side can be won easy. South side of river starting with only one tank is hard. But possible when you use the enemies airstrikes to enter base and capture mech bay to activate new units.

17 Jul 17

Reply #47

Offline Splina

• Rookie

i checked original XRay mission too...same problem

if that random star is not a bug, fine then
but pilot replacement cant be something normal

same problem in both games...XRay and MCG DH...his ShadowCat is missing in bay after mission and he take someone's else place..

*and...enemy mechs from northen side are random too? Because i just noticed they are different almost everytime :)
« Last Edit: 17 Jul 17 by Splina »

3 Aug 17

Reply #48

Offline dashi112

• Members
  • Rookie

Expansion campain op 2 mission 14 or 13. I finished 13 twice successfully, yet it crashes on clicking mechbay tab in 14. I restart the game...yet i cant find / load a "cermak after op2 mission 13" in the load mission screen.

3 Aug 17

Reply #49

Offline RizZen

• Veteran

May u gimme a screenshot of error or copy of error text message please?

@Splina: I think i know why a certain pilot gets removed/replaced - in this mission. I think i can find a solution to solve it in december update. The problem here is that i have to change multiple entries and find the right solution for several ways to do it. There are some other missions having similar issues but they don´t rip pilots out - when i solve this one i will do it for several missions. For now it´s maybe possible to start mission with one unit less / leaving the last slot empty and hoping new pilots will replace this slot in-mission - then no other pilot will be overridden. I´am 95% sure it has to do with a wrong Slot-Entry for this mission. Problem is that you gain three units in this mission additional. Two of them with new pilots. This efforts many entries that needs to be checked/edited/tested before result can be released.
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 17 by RizZen »

4 Aug 17

Reply #50

Offline dashi112

• Members
  • Rookie

will do once i feel up to playing the mission again

7 Aug 17

Reply #51

Offline dashi112

• Members
  • Rookie

11 Aug 17

Reply #52

Offline ilikeredheads

• Members
  • Rookie

I really like this mod but I encounter a problem.  Op1 mission 7 is impossible to finish. There are 6 crates on the main land but one of them is empty. I captured these 6 but there are only 5 items on the salvage tab.

If the crates on the islands are part of the primary objectives than this mission is critically flawed, because it's an auto lose if you don't bring any jump jet capable mech.

11 Aug 17

Reply #53

Offline dashi112

• Members
  • Rookie

So a crate is broken, the one on the beach i assume. Yet i like the idea of one of the island crates being a critical one, maybe amend the mission info to say a jump mech is required?

11 Aug 17

Reply #54

Offline RizZen

• Veteran

To be exactly there are TWO crates you can only reach with JumpJets. One is near south-middle beach where lance two is starting, the second is north-west side of the beach on another island in the north west corner.
When you got those all objectives are succesful.

Dashi it is a good idea. I pronounced a 100% story/briefing update - this is on my list now. I will add an additional information for the tactical interface recommending the usage of jump jets when it´s not part of briefing.

12 Aug 17

Reply #55

Offline ilikeredheads

• Members
  • Rookie

yeah I think a note in the briefing will be great.

14 Aug 17

Reply #56

Offline 기현 남

• Members
  • Rookie

Hi, I'm from Korea and Big Fan of Mechcommander.

And I'm very glad cause your mod Darkest hour. thanks for your appreciate ^^

During the play, I faced some trouble, operation 5-12.

I already finished destroying all of Orbital guns and all of mechs, but still incomplete 6 part(Eliminate colnal wirth)

I killed wirth's turkina and minons, but still incomplete.

I dont know How to insert picture so I just explain only text, but I believe you can understand my story and truoble. If you need screenshots, Let me know your e-mail.

help plz.

In Korea, your Fan, KiHyun.

14 Aug 17

Reply #57

Offline RizZen

• Veteran

Hi,

I'm happy my game reached Korea, greetings.
For this mission exists a bugfix. You can download it by entering the walk-through thread for original campaign in my MCG guide or one page back in this thread. I've done two bigger bugfixes for original campaign since now which are not included in the current download of full version. The bugfix will change mission objective for Wirth into a kill all enemies objective... mission will then end when map is cleared.

« Last Edit: 14 Aug 17 by RizZen »

14 Aug 17

Reply #58

Offline 기현 남

• Members
  • Rookie

14 Aug 17

Reply #59

Offline RizZen

• Veteran