Author Topic:  No Guts No Galaxy Podcast #140  (Read 1087 times)

29 Apr 16

Read 1087 times

Offline SeanLang

• NGNG Founder
  • Legendary

29 Apr 16

Reply #1

Offline kageru

• Elite

OK, now it's a trend.

Thanks for the continued work.

1 May 16

Reply #2

Offline SeanLang

• NGNG Founder
  • Legendary

OK, now it's a trend.

Thanks for the continued work.

Thanks for the continued support and push for us to be better each time!

1 May 16

Reply #3

Offline kageru

• Elite

Listened to most of the podcast on my way in to work this morning.  Great conversation.  The topic's kind of a dead horse, but good to take them out for another beating every now and then.

The main points of contention seem to be, "should large groups play in quick play?" and "should solo players play in faction play?"

Before CW/FP or private lobbies were things, the large group question was kind of a no-brainer ... there was no place else for them to go.  Now, the main factor is the balance between the long-term health of the game ... will large casual groups of players stop playing because they can't bring 5-10-man groups into QP? ... and good balanced game play in group QP.

Letting solo players in FP, in my opinion, is a bit harder.  With the queue system the way it is, rather than a pre-drop lobby or some such, the groups need solo players to fill in the gaps to make 12-man strike teams.  It's not nice, and it's not fair to the solo players, but maybe that's a lesson of it's own.

Regarding the top teams, predictions about who will win, and putting in the time and effort ... you remind me that I need to prepare for practice tonight.  Keep an eye on the primary 228th IBR Oceanic Team (228-WildOnes).  We may surprise you.

5 May 16

Reply #4

Offline sikosis

• Members
  • Rookie

CW is the only way to earn Loyalty points right ? That's why I jumped in and played. I liked the longer gameplay and the multiple mechs even if they were trials because in Quick Play I have Heavies and CW only allowed me to have lights and mediums.