Author Topic:  BattleTech Novel List  (Read 13472 times)

6 Jun 13

Reply #15

Offline SeanLang

• NGNG Founder
  • Legendary

There are two lists out there, when the book was released and what time frame the content in the book covers.

I updated the OP with a chronological list, so it is saying read in this order so things make sense in the overall timeline of things. Hope that helps!

6 Jun 13

Reply #16

Offline mariomanz28

• Rookie

I know about the chronological list but I was trying to number them according to their official release number, which seems really screwy now that I have gotten into the mid 30's.

So I've said screw it I'm just going to number them chronologically which is going much simpler lol.

By the way, where does the book Shrapnel: Fragments of the Inner Sphere fall in this list?
« Last Edit: 6 Jun 13 by mariomanz28 »

12 Jun 13

Reply #17

Offline Monsoon

• Veteran

Missing quite a few Dark Age Novels :P

I wouldn't call it 'Missing' Dark Age Novels. ;D

I started rereading the series this year, currently on Natural Selection. Too bad I'm reading 3 other books at the Moment or I'd be further along. lol
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
There is always a constant clamor, change the coach, change this guy, get a new quarterback. You can’t listen to that – if a coach starts listening to the fans, he’s going to wind up sitting next to them. -Marv Levi

12 Jun 13

Reply #18

Offline CGB CoffiNail

• Regular

Jade Phoenix first THAN Blood of Kerensky... or for the best method, JP 1 and 2, then BoK 1 and 2, next JP 3 and last BoK 3... :D

8 Aug 13

Reply #19

Offline meetthefutur3

• Rookie

Thank you for this list.. i had something like that while i was reading the series, but now i've lost it

I've stopped a few books after The Killing Fields - but i don't remember the book name. I couldn't find anything further which was translated to my language, and i was too lazy to read in english (And yeah, my english was much worse that time)

Now i'm gonna finish that, hopefully =)

Btw if someone could help me with finding a book i stopped on, that would be nice.. Not asking the question right here to avoid spoiling (even with spoiler tags some people just can't handle their curiosity;) )

11 Aug 13

Reply #20

Offline Dirus

• Veteran

I Just found a Mechwarrior Dark Age novel I bought years ago and never got to reading.  I finished it a few days ago.

Mechwarrior Dark Age  Masters of War by Michael Stackpole #24 in the Dark Age novel list.

I was rather unimpressed with the story and characterization over all. Kinda makes me want to reread Stackpole's original Battletech novels and see if my faded memories compare.  Not sure if Stackpole was not really interested in the book, or the IP, or if I grew up as a reader after reading authors like Kim Stanley Robinson, Erik Stevenson, William Gibson and Glen Cook.

6 Sep 13

Reply #21

Offline CGB CoffiNail

• Regular

I know about the chronological list but I was trying to number them according to their official release number, which seems really screwy now that I have gotten into the mid 30's.

So I've said screw it I'm just going to number them chronologically which is going much simpler lol.

By the way, where does the book Shrapnel: Fragments of the Inner Sphere fall in this list?
The Warrior books were reprinted, why they are listed as in the 30s. iirc.

Shrapnel should be before even the GDL books... and I think after sword and dagger.

28 Dec 13

Reply #22

Offline Zaofan

• Rookie

Hey all, I just wanted to throw out there the recent auctions I've seen lately for collection-worthy novels... I'm seeing lots of great novels going for ~$4 with free shipping on that famous auction site... $4 is a coffee for some folks, you can't beat that with a stick...

12 Nov 14

Reply #23

Offline Parjai Skirata

• VIP Sponsor
  • Regular

Working through the novels now, anyone have any suggestions for Wolf's Dragoons books?  I know some of the basics of the backstory, Clan group reconning the IS, switches sides, etc, but haven't found any novels to read on it.  Seems like they don't get focused on until the Blood of Kerensky novels, and would like to read some of the history from their perspective.  So far, my favorite saga right now is the Gray Death legion books, really enjoyed them, and working through the Warrior books now.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Su cuy'gar Vod!

12 Nov 14

Reply #24

Offline Nathan Foxbane

• Rookie

Working through the novels now, anyone have any suggestions for Wolf's Dragoons books?  I know some of the basics of the backstory, Clan group reconning the IS, switches sides, etc, but haven't found any novels to read on it.  Seems like they don't get focused on until the Blood of Kerensky novels, and would like to read some of the history from their perspective.  So far, my favorite saga right now is the Gray Death legion books, really enjoyed them, and working through the Warrior books now.

Thanks for any suggestions.
The definitive books for Wolf's Dragoons is Wolves On The Border and Wolf Pack. Both are excellent reads.

10 Apr 18

Reply #25

Offline Crankster

• Members
  • Rookie

Phil, There is one book you did not have on your list.

Shrapnel: Fragments from the Inner Sphere  By:  Jordan K. Weisman  1989