Author Topic:  MCG Modding: Weapon Balance  (Read 5639 times)

31 Jan 14

Reply #15

Offline SerEdvard

• Veteran

Some screenshots showing updated descriptions with additional stats for the weapons in the mechlab:

AC/5:

Medium Laser:

SRM-2:

LRM-5:
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 14 by SeanLang »

31 Jan 14

Reply #16

Offline SeanLang

• NGNG Founder
  • Legendary

Can't really see the red text very well, may want to adjust that?

Love the details! Only issue really is how does the player determine range on the battlefield?

31 Jan 14

Reply #17

Offline SerEdvard

• Veteran

Yeah, the red text is a little hard to read, but it is a little clearer in-game vs screencap.  I'll see if I can make it more legible.

I don't think there is a way to measure distance in-game other than trial and error.  The values are technically in game world units and not meters anyway.  I'll try to take some screenshots illustrating different distances, just to give an idea. 

Rule of thumb, a full screen width when zoomed out at max resolution is about 500m.  Zoomed in, a full screen width is about 200m.  Also, I believe basic IS sensor range is 350m, so some long range weapons like LRMs, ER PPC/LL, ATMs, AC2/5, and Gauss can fire beyond of sensor range if you have visual on the target.
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 14 by SerEdvard »

31 Jan 14

Reply #18

Offline Errodien

• NGNGtv
  • Veteran

Just put a thin black outline for the colored text and that should fix it.

Looks pretty... :D
Quote from: Smilr on Twitch.tv
dude - we have Bob barker and Bob Ross ripping aliens apart and scuba steve saving the life of the bride from kill bill and you want giant stompy robots instead? Have you no soul sir?

31 Jan 14

Reply #19

Offline SerEdvard

• Veteran

Here are some screenshots illustrating the weapon ranges at max resolution:

21 Feb 14

Reply #20

Offline Morkrah86

• Rookie

Im not too familiar with TT, and this all looks really sweet! But shouldnt lasers be the acurate weapons? And the balistic ones the inacurate ones with crazy dps (high rate of fire and/or bursts with hard hits? I love the ranges and acuracy fall off concept!

Is that 1280x1024?

21 Feb 14

Reply #21

Offline SerEdvard

• Veteran

Hi Morkrah, thanks for the feedback! I chose to make lasers to be less accurate than ballistics purely for balance reasons. In TT, lasers are light weight and have no ammo,  balanced by their high heat generation. However, there is no heat in MCG so I thought accuracy would be the best way to do balance them.  Also, lasers can be much more boated easily than autocannons due to their light weight, so I was wary of making them high accuracy.

21 Feb 14

Reply #22

Offline Morkrah86

• Rookie

Ahhh I see what you mean, unless you make the lasers heavier emulating the heatsinks required. Difficult to balance. Perhaps make lasers have longer reloads? To emulate cooling down periods? Just ideas! I love what you guys have done so far!  8)

22 Dec 17

Reply #23

Offline deranzo

• Members
  • Rookie

I can't see Machine Gun even if I use hereitcomes cheat along with some other weapons such as LRM 15 or LRM 20. 
Whatever doesnt kill you, simply makes you a stranger