Author Topic:  Battletech: Domination (fan-created deck-building game)  (Read 22158 times)

27 Dec 13

Reply #90

Offline SerEdvard

• Veteran

BTD online happening now!  The War of the Scotts continues.  We're on the NGNG TS3 server in the BTD room under the NGNG network (voip01.n1585.hypernia.net:9992, password:  mechwarrior).  Come on by if you're interested! 

28 Dec 13

Reply #91

Offline Scotty

• Rookie

3 good games against myself and Scott this evening, resulting in a 2-1 result in my favor. MVP of that last game definately went to the commando in letting me edge out an advantage card wise. Seriously, if you are thinking about playing this game, come check it out, it is a ton of fun! Scott is a great opponent, and I am more talkative when being under the weather doesn't make me feel like coughing up a lung.
BTD Record W/L/D: 9/5/0

28 Dec 13

Reply #92

Offline SerEdvard

• Veteran

3 good games against myself and Scott this evening, resulting in a 2-1 result in my favor. MVP of that last game definately went to the commando in letting me edge out an advantage card wise. Seriously, if you are thinking about playing this game, come check it out, it is a ton of fun! Scott is a great opponent, and I am more talkative when being under the weather doesn't make me feel like coughing up a lung.

Wait a sec, I thought I won the first 2 games?  ;)

That Commando in the 3rd game deserves the MVP for sure.  That little guy was a thorn in my side from the beginning, keeping me from drawing the best cards in my deck several times.  Good games!!!

And ditto for Scotty being a great opponent.  Hope you feel better soon!

28 Dec 13

Reply #93

Offline Scotty

• Rookie

Did you? I ask seriously, because since I went to sleep and woke up I really cant remember thanks to all the cold meds I was taking last night to get over this crap. If you did win the first two then hell yeah man, that means you are ahead by one rather than the other way around ;)

2 Jan 14

Reply #94

Offline SerEdvard

• Veteran

Online BTD happening now!  Come join us on VASSAL and/or the NGNG TS3 server if you're interested in spectating or playing BTD.

2 Jan 14

Reply #95

Offline Scotty

• Rookie

Well Scott is right, he did win 2 the last time which did put him ahead until our game just now. Good game Scott, and looking forward to testing out the new module!

12 Mar 14

Reply #96

Offline SerEdvard

• Veteran

Sorry, it's been a while since I've posted!  Haven't had much time to work or play BTD recently, but I'm looking to get back into it again. 

Wanted to let everyone know that I'll be hosting a BattleTech: Domination game night on the evening of Friday, March 21st at Game Kastle in Santa Clara, CA.  We've already got a small group assembled and should have a couple games going.  If you're in the San Francisco Bay Area and are interested in playing, let me know!  :)  http://www.gamekastle.com/

19 May 14

Reply #97

Offline Foust

• Rookie

I noticed that you added a munitions symbol to the munitions resource cards as well as some of the unit cards. (Mainly Mechs?)

Am I correct in assuming that you need to have that symbol to purchase those cards, like you do with the comstar symbol?

I ask because I am going to have to print up some stickers to update my cards.

UPDATE: It occurs to me that perhaps those are outdated as opposed to updated?
« Last Edit: 19 May 14 by Foust »

19 May 14

Reply #98

Offline SerEdvard

• Veteran

Hi Foust,

Actually, the green munitions symbol is a relic of previous versions of the game and was removed in the latest version.  Munitions was a separate resource like the red LosTech resource that was provided by Munitions Factories (in addition to the 2 Industry).  However, I decided to remove it entirely from the game after determining that it just added to the complexity of the rules but didn't affect gameplay or really add to the game at all.

14 Jul 14

Reply #99

Offline Predatorian3

• Rookie

I dug around the MegaMek and Vassal sites for a while, but I couldn't find anything about MegaMek being built in Vassal.  Both are built in Java though.  I've sent a email to the MegaMek guys for more info.

There are some Battletech Modules built in Vassal that are similar to MegaMek, and I remember seeing them linked on the NGNG Facebook page a couple days ago from this posting. Definitely not as intuitive as the MegaMek program, but still cool to tinker with.

26 Aug 14

Reply #100

Offline CriticalHit

• Rookie

Lets play a game of this!  Just downloaded, anyone down to play?

27 Aug 14

Reply #101

Offline SerEdvard

• Veteran

Hey Crit!  I'm always down for a game. Perhaps sometime this weekend?  It's a holiday weekend, so hopefully we can find time to meet for a game or two.  :)

Have you downloaded the Vassal program and BTD module yet?  Let me know if you need help finding it or sent tingling up. And I suggest reading the game rules if you haven't already, as the Vassal module doesn't enforce any rules.

13 Nov 14

Reply #102

Offline SerEdvard

• Veteran

Hi everyone,

Apologies for not posting on this thread for a while, but I've been very busy working on a new version of BattleTech: Domination, which I am calling the BTD v3.0 TACTICAL version.  This new Tactical version keeps the core gameplay and most of the cards the same as before, but makes some pretty dramatic rules changes to make the game more streamlined and dynamic, easier to setup and store, and much much cheaper to buy/print because it requires far fewer cards than before.   

So what's new with v3.0?
- New combat mechanic --> Instead of scrapping cards, losing battles results in gaining new Overrun cards into your deck, which clog your deck and count negative towards your score, but can be removed for a penalty
- New randomized, dynamic 9-card Supply Grid --> each game will feature many more unique cards for greater card and deck-build diversity
- No more Supply piles--> 5 copies of each card is not required, so the entire game fits into 3 54-card decks with over 80 unique cards (just 162 cards total for the full card set, instead of 500+ in the previous versions)

New content in v3.0:
- 4 brand new Overrun cards
Spoiler: show

- Updated Base cards to include artwork:

- Several new cards created for the Tactical version, including:

- Many cards revised to include the latest and greatest BattleTech fan art!

Want to know more?  Here are the Quick Play Rules for BTD v3.0 TACTICAL version:

http://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic2305215_md.jpg
 Battletech: Domination (fan-created deck-building game)

http://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic2305216_md.jpg
 Battletech: Domination (fan-created deck-building game)

Page 1: http://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic2305215.jpg

Page 2: http://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic2305216.jpg

I expect to have v3.0 ready for release at the end of the month (November).  WHen it is released, I will upload the cards to Artscow, save the custom deck designs and share the links, so that anyone who wants to purchase a professionally-printed copy of the game can do so (should cost around $40 for the decks, plus S&H).  I will also post an updated Vassal module for online or solo play.

I'll make a new post in this forum when I'm ready to release v3.0, but until then I wanted to give those who are still following this thread a quick preview of whats to come!  I'm very excited about v3.0, and I hope you are too.  :) 
« Last Edit: 13 Nov 14 by SeanLang »