Author Topic:  Rember MekTek?  (Read 3736 times)

30 May 14

Read 3736 times

Offline lilsniper

• Rookie

Hey guys, I've still been paying attention those guys down at MekTek studios and they've come quite a ways in the last two years. Now they are producing A Mech game called Heavy Gear Assault,( A revival of the ancient heavy gear game series, which was okay in my opinion). So here is my question, Do we care about these guys? do they have a place in the battle tech community? They did support the MW4 mods for quite a while after all. And IF they do have a place amongst our discussion , would you guys like to hear them on a podcast? I would! Since their closed Alpha is only 6 days away , A spot on NGNG would not only help them, But maybe we could win the cast some free Alpha keys to hand out? (I like free access! don't you?)
the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead

30 May 14

Reply #1

Offline Keekat

• Wrenching Crew
  • Ace

Heavy gear assault sounds interesting but they really need to release some gameplay. All they really have are 2 fancy trailers and a physics demo that's not very impressive. Id like to be excited about it

30 May 14

Reply #2

Offline Spacedone

• Rookie

The Heavy Gear series was inspired by anime mecha (e.g. Robotech). The robots themselves were only around 3-4 meters tall (around 16-20 feet) and really acted like powered armor since they had the same range of movement as a human. The past games had more of a FPS feel to it since you had to swap out between the weapons and they had to be reloaded since they had magazines. Of course the robots could also "skate" across the terrain since they had wheels on their feet.

31 Jul 14

Reply #3

Offline BobTheZombie

• Veteran

If they do come on the show I'd like an explanation for the sudden and uncalled for dropping of MW4 and deletion of their old forums. Other than that I approve of them and their work to help out the community.
Report Sarna.net issues/inaccuracies here or you can PM me the details

28 Oct 15

Reply #4

Offline wpmaura

• Members
  • Rookie

is there anyway to get a copy of the old MW4 merc game they did.

28 Oct 15

Reply #5

Offline [CW] CyclonerM

• Elite

is there anyway to get a copy of the old MW4 merc game they did.

AFAIK there is no way to get legally any version of MW4 Mercs. But you know, the internet is a dark place..

28 Oct 15

Reply #6

Offline BobTheZombie

• Veteran

AFAIK there is no way to get legally any version of MW4 Mercs. But you know, the internet is a dark place..

I used to have some shady links but have since lost them...
Report Sarna.net issues/inaccuracies here or you can PM me the details

29 Nov 16

Reply #7

Offline Mekslayer

• Rookie

Looks to me like they took them down....

Here is where they were...

http://www.mektek.net/index.php/home/articles/mechwarrior4-mercenaries-downloads-r1204

U R Outta luck.

-Mek

27 Nov 17

Reply #8

Offline starscream

• Members
  • Rookie

hey i recommend a site with a pirate ship hint hint