Author Topic:  Mechcommand Gold Mod (Clan Tech for Original Campaign)  (Read 1249 times)

5 Jun 16

Read 1249 times

Offline Timothy Soh

• Members
  • Rookie

Yo hi there! So I recently dug out my old games and reinstalled MCG on my laptop. I always wanted to do some mods to add some twist to the campaign and after some searching, I found this website with a ton of useful links. I created a simple mod by modifying the MISSION.FST and start0.pkk files so I thought I would just share it here in case anyone wants it.

This mod will
  • give the player access to Clan tech and Weapons for the whole of the original campaign. The vehicles and mechwarriors remain the same as per the original campaign.
  • start with half of the original RP in the first mission, and a Cougar W and Uller A instead of the Commando A,W and Firestarter W combo.
  • increase the difficulty (slightly) as the RP for all objectives in all missions have been reduced by half.
P.S. I thought of reducing the maxTonnage by 20 tons for most of the mission too, but I don't know if this will make it too hard.

Here's the link to the modded files if you are interested:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6kXsgd9jzazU3hPVUJlVE1xOHM&usp=drive_web

9 Jun 16

Reply #1

Offline SeanLang

• NGNG Founder
  • Legendary

Nice! I've actually wanted to go back and re-do the weapons mod & possibly look at creating at modding the entire campaign to better push 'logistics'.

I think it would dramatically help change up how the original/expansion campaign feel!

1 Dec 17

Reply #2

Offline Gunner

• Members
  • Rookie

Long ago, there was a freely available patch/mod/hack/savegame for MCG called "New Teams." It had three files in it. (I still have/use it. Available below.)

ClanInPa2.sav
Full_IS_in_PA.sav
Merc_PA.sav

These get loaded from the 'load game' screen like any saved game (And that's where the files go - in the savegame folder). Here is what they do:

ClanInPa2.sav - Lets you play the original campaign with only Clan mechs. (sadly, this works ONLY on the original campaign, not the expansion) If you want an IS mech,you have to go out and kill one and salvage it! :)

Full_IS_in_PA.sav - This one makes the new IS mechs from the expansion (Stiletto, Bushwacker, & Mauler) available in the original campaign.

Merc_PA.sav - This one really IS mixed tech. The mechs available in the Battalion Inventory (the mechs you can buy from Battalion) are a true mix of Clan and IS mechs. (Personally, I don't like the selection available, so I rarely played this one)

All this in a tiny 16.5 kb .rar file. (This is for the vanilla MCG game. Don't know how it will/won't work with any modded versions of the game.)

I would really like to get a version where I can play the expansion campaign with Clan mechs from the start too, but I haven't seen anything like that anywhere.

But to be honest, I like this (OP's) version better. It's a bit more of a challenge than the ClanInPA version - unfortunately, still only good in the original campaign though.
« Last Edit: 1 Dec 17 by Gunner »
There are two rules for success:
1.  Never tell everything you know.